Children of Gambia Services – Privacy Notice
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We’re also committed to being transparent about what information we hold, and for what purpose.
This policy explains:
- How we collect personal information;
- What information we collect including Debit and credit card information;
- How we use your information;
- Who we share your information with;
- How we protect your information;
- How long we keep your information;
- Your rights;
- The data protection regulator,
The terms of this policy may change, so please check it from time to time.
We updated this policy in April 2019 and it is reviewed annually.
If you have any queries about this policy please contact: Nina Jabang, Chair Person at email@example.com
This policy is written in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a data controller under number ZA138939
1. How do we collect personal information?
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you. You give us this when you asked about our charity. And when you became a supporter of the charity
2. What information do we collect?
The information we collect may include your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number and bank details.
3. How do we use your information?
We use your personal information to give you the information, services, or products you ask for.
This could be to:
- process a donation;
- take part in a fundraising event;
- process your order.
4. Who do we share your information with?
We do not share your information with any other third parties.
5. How do we protect your information?
When we collect your personal information, we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. We also take appropriate measures to make sure the information disclosed to us is:
- kept secure, accurate and up-to-date;
- kept only for as long as it’s needed for the purposes for which it was intended.
While we aim to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you post, email or transmit by other means to us. You do so at your own risk.
6. How long do we keep your information?
We regularly review how long we hold personal information. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for example the collection of Gift Aid).
We will hold your personal information for as long as needed by the relevant activity. If you asked us not to contact, you again we would hold a record of that indefinitely. Where your information is no longer required we will dispose of it in a secure manner.
7. Your rights
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- to ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you and for us to correct any inaccuracies, this can be done by submitting an information disclosure request;
- to ask us to delete your personal information;
- To ask us to alter our records if the information is incorrect.
You can get more information and advice about data protection or reporting a concern about data protection from:
8. Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline: 0303 123 1113
From outside the UK: +44 1625 545 745